Professional home design software for the serious home enthusiast. Click to enlarge.
Chief Architect Home Designer Pro 9.0 is professional home design software for the serious home enthusiast. Enjoy the same tools that the professionals use for home design, remodeling, interior design, decks, landscaping and cost estimation.
Home Designer Pro has all the same great features as Architectural Home Designer, Interior Designer, Landscaping and Deck Designer plus advanced CAD tools, advanced building tools, the ability to create blueprints, manual framing and roofing and much more.
Designing like a Professional has never been so Easy!
Home Design and Landscaping Software
Create accurately scaled floor plans that automatically generate 3D models in minutes. Create any detailed view of your design using advanced 3D camera tools like Glass House, Doll House, Framing, Elevation and Cross-Sections. Create the Virtual Look and Feel Before You Build!
Manual framing tools for fully editable framing, including joists, rafters, trusses, beams, posts, and more. Click to enlarge.
Design in 2D and 3D. 3D Views are automatic with a point-and-click of the camera tool. Click to enlarge.
Artistic rendering techniques such as Watercolor, Glass House, and Technical Illustration Click to enlarge.
Powerful deck and patio tools allow you to design and visualize your new deck with 3D models and can help you estimate the costs. Click to enlarge.
Create Back-Clipped Cross Section and Elevation Views to limit your view to relevant details for precise plan editing. Click to enlarge.
Choose from over 3,600 plants with the Plant Chooser. Click to enlarge.
Design the kitchen of your dreams. Click to enlarge.
Glass House View provides a full translucent view of your design. Click to enlarge.
Use the Cabinet Designer tools to create unlimited cabinet styles. Click to enlarge.
Home Design Software by Chief Architect
- Choose from over 5,000 Sample Plans
- Choose from built-in style templates or create your own custom home design, or use the House Wizard
- Powerful building tools like automatic roof generation, dormers, stairs, framing and foundations
- Artistic rendering techniques for Watercolor, Glass House and Technical Illustration
Integrated Design Tools
Home Designer Pro makes it easy to design and visualize your ideas on your next home or remodeling project with over 8,000 powerful integrated tools. Use the automated building tools to assist you in your design process. The tools have commonly accepted defaults for most building practices to help you in your home design projects.
Get Started Quickly and Easily
- The Quick Startup Options Guide will help you begin with "How-To" tutorials based on your type of project
- Use the House Wizard for quick and easy layout of your rooms
- Select from the pre-designed Home Design and Landscaping Style Templates complete with colors, cabinets, decks and more
- The online help system provides detail information on all types of building projects
- Includes over 80 easy "step-by-step" tutorial training videos that will quickly get you started on your next home design project
3D Design Tools
- Design in 2D and 3D. 3D Views are automatic with a point-and-click of the camera tool.
- Glass House View provides a full translucent view of your design. Choose other Artistic rendering techniques for Watercolor and Technical Illustration views.
- Doll House View, a 3D overview without the roof, is an effective tool for space planning of furniture placement and traffic flow
- Create a Virtual Tour--draw your record line to Automatically Generate; or record your camera movements
- Visualize your home with day and night views
- Assemble a scale model of your design with Model Maker
- Generate shadows from the sun for realistic 3D views
- Point-and-click to remove wall surfaces, or use 3D Cross-Section Elevation Slider to quickly create a 3D slice of your desired view
Automated and Manual Building Tools
- Design roofs and walls in 3D
- Generate various styles of Automatic roofs or manually design any custom roof including curved roofs
- Use the Automatic Dormer tool to quickly place dormers--shed, gable, eyebrow and barrel
- Automatic Structural Dormers
- Unblock and manually edit Automatic Dormers
- Create any custom roof or ceiling plan with the Roof Design Tools. Edit and create roof planes to create a roof of any pitch and shape. Start with an automatic roof and then add custom details, or create the entire roof manually.
- Automatic framing tools
- Manual framing tools for fully editable framing, including joists, rafters, trusses, beams, posts and more
- Choose from several built-in wall styles with individual wall layers or define your own wall style
- Ability to read and edit files by Chief Architect Full Professional Software
- ICC Residential Design Checklist will allow you to check your plan against national building codes
Kitchen and Bath Design
- Design the kitchen of your dreams--move walls, create new cabinets, add appliances--Design your perfect workspace!
- Design your new kitchen or bath using the Cabinet Designer tools
- Plan the new layout of your bathroom with custom cabinets, sinks, showers and garden tubs. It's easy to visualize your ideas in 3D.
- Create custom cabinets in minutes by choosing your own colors, countertops, door styles and more
- Use the Cabinet Designer tools to create unlimited cabinet styles. Choose your own colors, countertops and door styles.
- Design and edit custom countertop shapes and styles
Chief Architect Product Comparison
- Smart Design Objects, Drag-and-drop from thousands of design objects in the built-in Library organized by category
- Material Painter lets you apply colors and materials quickly and easily
- Choose from thousands of colors and textures or create your own materials using a digital photograph
- Design for your lifestyle and personality--change colors, add lighting and choose furniture to accent your new room
- Choose from a variety of interior items--including chairs, tables, sofas, fabrics, accessories and more. Resize, change colors and materials to meet your exact needs.
- Import your own symbols from 3D file types including .SKP, .OBJ and .3DS
Decks and Landscaping
- Powerful deck and patio tools allow you to design and visualize your new deck with 3D models and can help you estimate the costs
- Design single or multi-level decks complete with automatic deck framing and an advanced deck framing option for more complicated deck designs
- Quickly lay out your deck with stairs and arrange furniture
- Deck foundations automatically generate to match sloped lots
- Plant Encyclopedia to learn more about the plants in your designs
- Choose from over 3,600 plants with the Plant Chooser
- Plant Hardiness Zone reference maps
- See what your plants will look like in 0--20 years
- Pathways--Use the Pathway tool to design curb-appealing landscaping using stone, pavers, or sidewalks--line with trees, shrubs, flowers and more
Site Planning & Estimating
- Use Automatic Build Terrain and Terrain Perimeter tools to create flat, irregular shaped, or sloped lots--use a GPS to import or enter elevation data
- Create plot and perimeter plans; automatically generate a 3D model of your actual terrain
- Export Material List to spreadsheet programs including Microsoft Excel
- Save snapshot Material Lists for different stages of the project
- Add detail to each individual component in the material list for a comprehensive cost estimate breakdown
- Master Materials List allows you to store and manage commonly used material prices
- Sprinkler Designer tools to easily layout sprinkler zones
- Fences and Driveways--With the Fencing tools you can choose a variety of fencing styles and custom gates. You will also find driveway, sidewalk and curbing tools
- Hill and Valley tools make it easy to add gardens, beds and slopes that automatically appear in 3D views. Choose from landscaping style templates or create your own.
- Define Terrain Elevation lines, Elevation Regions and Terrain Breaks
- Powerful CAD tools to detail cross-section views with insulation, cross-boxes and more
- Advanced CAD editing tools such as replicate, line weights, point-to-point move, custom patterns and more (Compatible with AutoCAD patterns)
- CAD-to-Walls allows you to convert CAD lines from DXF file format to walls
- Layers can be used to separate key building components such as electrical or framing. Display or hide features of your design, set colors, lock layers and use reference layers for precise editing.
- Create Back-Clipped Cross Section/Elevation Views to limit your view to relevant details for precise plan editing
- Customize construction methods for walls, floors, ceilings and foundations. Identify the exact placement of framing components, specify wall layers, floor structure platform height, mudsills and more.
- Advanced stair tools allow control of shape, starter treads, flaring, tread width and more
- Create pony walls and edit wall shape or create a stepped foundation in cross-section view
- Multiple-select editing. For example, select all your cabinets and change them all with one command.
- Use callouts to reference between details, plans and cross-sections in a blueprint layout
- Create blueprint layouts (up to Architectural C drawings 18" x 24") with 3D, CAD, Cross-Section/Elevation and Plan Views
- Rotate and Flip Plan
- Advanced dimensioning tools include angular, end-to-end and interior dimensions
- Fully editable dimension lines and configurable dimension editing allow you to change where dimensions locate walls, windows, doors and other objects